Have you been injured? Have you incurred medical bills or missed time from work? If so, we can help. Sometimes the roads can be unsafe and accidents happen. You should not have to pay for the careless actions of another. Our philosophy is that you are entitled to a fair evaluation of your case and are entitled to be compensated accordingly. Our goal in resolving your personal injury case is to maximize the amount of money that goes into your pocket by maximizing the value of your claim and resolving the claims of medical providers and other lien holders. Click here to learn more.
Top 10 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
10. Has Experience Assessing Claims. Personal injury attorneys are experienced with cases like yours and can tell you at the outset whether it is worth your while to pursue legal action. If you are unlikely to prevail, you will not need to incur the time and expense of preparing for litigation.
9. Gets Paid for Results. Most personal injury attorneys work for a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will not owe attorneys' fees. You will, however, be responsible for certain expenses not directly related to professional fees, such as the fees doctors charge for reviewing your records or being interviewed.
8. Cuts Through Red Tape. An experienced attorney can work through the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim so that you can get on with your life.
7. Uses an Investigative Team. Experienced attorneys work with a team of investigators who have experience in specialized areas, such as accident reconstruction, who can investigate, document, and explain the technical aspects of your case.
6. Maintains Objectivity. A personal injury attorney can be more objective about your case than you can and will not make a rash decision. Whereas you may be tempted, for instance, to go for a quick payout, your attorney may counsel you that it is in your best interests to wait for a more appropriate offer.
5. Evaluates Alternative Dispute Resolution. An experienced attorney will know whether your dispute may be best resolved through mediation, thereby saving you time, money, and emotional energy.
4. Works with Other Lawyers. An experienced personal injury lawyer can deal most effectively and expediently with opposing counsel.
3. Knows Insurance Companies' Tactics. Lawyers are also used to working with insurance companies and will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount.
2. Works for the Best Settlements. Personal injury attorneys work hard to reach the best settlements for their clients, as early in the litigation process as possible.
1. Obtains the Best Jury Verdicts. If a trial becomes necessary, a personal injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court and work toward achieving the best possible jury verdict in your favor.
About William Miller:
- Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1994
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1994
Law Review: Cumberland Law Review, Member & Associate Editor, 1992 - 1994
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Honors: Dean's List
Major: Corporate Finance & Investment Management
- Casenote, "Hate Crimes Statute that Provides for Sentence Enhancement if Defendant Selects Victim Based on Race not a Free Speech Violation", Cumberland Law Review, 24 Cumberland Law Review 325, 1994
- Property II, American Jurisprudence Book Award, 1994
- Doggrell v. Board of Trustees of Policemen's & Firemen's Retirement Fund, 709, So.2d 1289 (Ala. Civ App 1998)
- Webster v. Webster, 716 So.2d 1225 (Ala Civ App 1997)
- Camp v. Kenney, 673 So.2d 436 (Ala. Civ. App. 1995)
- Jackson v. Jackson, 777 So.2d 155 (Ala. Civ. App. 2000)
Anniston, Alabama Personal Injury Law Firm