Derek PakizShow Phone Number
200 West Santa Ana Blvd, Suite 630
Santa Ana, CA 92701
The Reeves Law Group
The Reeves Law Group
Please call : 714-550-6000
California Personal Injury Attorneys
The Reeves Law Group is a large and well-established law firm specializing in accident and personal injury cases. Our firm has been in existence for over twenty-five years and has won top results for thousands of injured clients. We have a team of successful trial lawyers committed to personal attention, fast action and aggressive representation.
Accidents in California
California is world-renowned for being one of the best places to live. The golden state has a little bit of everything for everyone – from mountains and beaches to bustling city life. It is America’s most populous state and is home to 8 of the nation’s 50 largest cities. California has a robust and diverse economy that includes entertainment, agriculture, and technology. Unfortunately, with a population of 38 million and thousands more visiting daily for work and pleasure, accidents frequently happen. Incidents like automobile crashes, unsafe work conditions, and vacation disasters can change lives instantly. In the wake of an accident, people may find themselves and their loved ones hurt, confused, and unsure of what to do.
- Automobile Accidents. California’s freeways are the busiest in the entire country. In 2011, Californians logged 85 billion miles. The high number of vehicles on these routes leads to many dangerous accidents each year. In 2011 alone, 2,791 people lost their lives in vehicle crashes.
- Workplace Injuries. More than 1 million workers each year suffer injuries that cause them to miss at least a day of work. California’s workers are some of the most at risk for injury as employers push to keep pace with the demand for goods and services. Some of the most dangerous professions include: construction, transportation, motor vehicle manufacturing, and poultry and egg production.
- Vacation Disasters. Though people look forward to vacations as an opportunity to get away and recharge, few realize that these times often lead to injuries as people take on new activities in unfamiliar places. 1 in 5 people suffer an injury while on vacation. High-risk activities like mountain biking and jet skiing increase the chance of an injury by 50%. Common vacation accidents include: hotel and resort slip and falls, all-terrain vehicle accidents, foodborne illnesses, and watercraft incidents.
After an Accident
Each year, thousands of Californians have their lives interrupted by unforeseen accidents that leave physical, emotional, and financial damage. The time immediately following an accident can be the most critical period for limiting the resulting harm. Unfortunately, victims can be disoriented and unsure of how to handle the situation. The following tips will help protect the wellbeing of you and your loved ones and place you in the best position to recover from the accident.
- Assess the Situation. Survey the accident site and try to understand the extent of the damage. Make sure everyone is safe. If necessary, move to a secure location. If there’s a need for emergency medical help, call 911. If a vehicle is involved, call police to the scene.
- Gather Evidence. Photograph the accident. This includes injuries and any damaged property. Take close-up and far away shots from different angles. Record the names and contact information for all parties and witnesses. Try to piece together the details of the accident and what could have caused it. Document any facts that you think are relevant, for example, time of day, date, weather conditions, and traffic.
- Get Medical Help. If necessary, have an ambulance take you or your loved ones to a hospital. If you don’t need emergency care, schedule an appointment to see a doctor, even if your injuries seem minor. Request a thorough evaluation, including head, neck and spine. Follow all of the doctor’s orders regarding treatment for your injuries.
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. Under no circumstances should you speak with representatives of an insurance company. Their job is to limit the insurance company’s liability and may record your conversation to use against you at a later time. Instead, contact a reputable personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and resources to manage your case through all phases, including investigation, settlement discussions, and litigation, with the goal of maximizing the compensation owed to you.
What Personal Injury Lawyers Do
After an accident, the person or party at fault may not want to accept complete or even partial responsibility for their actions. Additionally, insurance companies will attempt to limit the amount of money that they have to pay out. An experienced and passionate personal injury lawyer will represent the victim in all dealings with these parties, with the end goal of seeing justice done for the client.
What Can Be Recovered
An experienced lawyer understands all of the ways that an accident can disrupt a victim’s life and will pursue compensation for the monetary, physical, and emotional damage.
- Medical Expenses. Costs for medical care may include emergency transport, emergency room and hospital stays, doctor’s visits, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, surgery and medical supplies.
- Pain and Suffering. The emotional trauma of living through an accident can be devastating, especially if you have sustained permanent injuries or have lost a loved one.
- Lost Wages and Reduced Earning Capacity. An accident can impact your ability to continue to work or return to your chosen profession. It is important to assess the impact that the accident had on your ability to earn wages in the past and whether you will be able to continue with your occupation in the future.
- Punitive Damages. If your accident happened as a result of someone’s reckless behavior, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar actions in the future.
Finding an Effective Personal Injury Law Firm
The finest personal injury law firms possess the skill set and principles to vigorously represent their clients. They feel an obligation to always provide the best possible advice and advocacy so that injured victims can fully heal. The law firms best suited to see justice done for their clients can be identified by the following traits:
- Excellent law firms will have built a track record of success in large and small cases, and will have a cohesive team of well-trained lawyers deeply committed to providing the highest quality legal services to every client.
- Leading firms utilize state-of-the-art technology such as legal databases, cutting-edge software, and advanced equipment that allow for persuasive presentations at the pre-trial and trial stages.
- Established law firms have large resources to draw from so that cases can be taken on a contingency basis. The firm will advance all expenses for the case and the client only pays once the firm wins.
Choosing the Best Law Firm
Over nearly three decades, The Reeves Law Group has maintained a near perfect record for its clients – a 98.7% rate of recovery. The firm’s professionals have earned a reputation as some of the most experienced, sophisticated, and passionate personal injury attorneys in California. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact The Reeves Law Group for a free consultation at (800) 644-8000.
Please call : 714-550-6000
Santa Ana CA Personal Injury Lawyer